Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Product Review: Vega Savi Seeds

If you are not familiar with the brand VEGA, it is a plant-based nutritional company developed by Ironman competitor Brendan Brazier when he felt that he was not getting the right fuel to sustain him during competition.

So here is my opinion on the products. While they may contain a sick amount of plant-based nutrients, they are all seriously lacking in flavor, or have very strange texture and flavor. I have tried the bars, shakes, and Savi seeds and I can honestly say, I have not enjoyed one of the products.

This makes me sad because I kept trying different flavors and products thinking that I would find at least one that I enjoy--and to no avail, I have been left with disappointment. Additionally, these products are really pricey. For example, a large tub of the shake will run you about 70.00.

Recently, on a quest to find a Vega product that I might enjoy, I tried the Vega Karmalized Savi Seeds. Vega touts these seeds as having, "...17 times more Omega-3 per ounce than wild Sockeye salmon these amazing seeds on their own are the richest plant-based source of Omega-3 on the planet!" While this may be true, let me tell you about the taste and texture. The taste is VERY earthy. It has elements of grass, dirt, and pine needles. The texture does not have the oily fattiness most of us enjoy when we eats nuts or seeds (no jokes please lol). The seeds are very dry and grainy.

If you are still interested in trying these, you can begin with a small bag that will cost you about 2.99 ( or 3.99 if you buy them in Kauai lol). If you want to go really all out, you can buy the large package for about 32.99. Personally, I do not think that they are worth the money, but you can judge for yourself. Let me know your thoughts on Vega products.

No comments:

Post a Comment